Monday, August 23, 2010

12 Weeks

Saturday night was alright, Skyler went back to bed at about 9 or 10 and slept through the night. Last night he did not want to sleep again, and he puked. We had to wait and see if he would puke again and if he did we had to give him his hydrocortisol in an injection. I honestly don't know if he puked again because I told C I couldn't stay awake any longer once midnight hit and I went and past out. Normally I stay up with the baby, but I've been so exhausted I just couldn't do it.


Yesterday was the CNIB bbq. It's at a farm so Skyler got to see some kittens and roosters and ducks for the first time, and he went on his first hayride. It was pretty hot, but at least there was a breeze. His runny nose is getting a bit better. I talked to his OT and found out a little bit about the girl I will be working with in September. It sounds like she needs a lot of extra help. Our OT said she will stay on working with the girl for this year if I am going to be working with her, because she needs someone who will actually follow through with the OT's suggestions and she knows I will.

And I might as well say it, today I am 12 weeks pregnant. In about an hour I will be at my nurse practitioner's office. Hopefully hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Poor Sky and his parents :( I hope he gets to feeling better real soon.

That is a GREAT picture of Sky!

Good luck at today's appointment.

That's odd they told you that it was too early before to detect the heartbeat. Both times I was pregnant, a heartbeat was heard at 6 weeks.

LuckyOnce said...

Get well soon, Sklyer! I have my fingers crossed that everything is great at your appointment today!

Karen said...

I hope you all feel better soon. Lack of sleep is almost as bad as being sick.

But congrats on making it to 12 weeks. I'm so happy for you. As much bad stuff as has happened this week, it's nice to know that the world goes on and good things happen.

Ashley's Mom said...

I'm so excited for you and your family, and so glad you got to hear your baby's heartbeat!