Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mmmm

We just finished a photo-shoot for Skyler. The CNIB contacted us a while back asking if we'd be willing to let Skyler be in a photo essay about living with vision loss. So the photographer is someone who goes to a local college and is doing her photo essay to promote a more positive image for living with vision loss. How could I possibly say no? He was awesome the whole time, showed her just how happy he is. She said he was the easiest person to photograph ever. So that was cool. She took some shots of us together. I'm glad I snuck in that quick shower before she got here! She was really grateful to us for letting her include him in the essay. There's going to be an exhibit in Feb (I'm hoping I'll be able to make it since it's pretty close to my due date.) She said she'd call back with the dates closer to when it'll be showing, and that she'll give us a photo from it too as a thank-you.

Yesterday we celebrated Mabon (the autumnal equinox). Chuck made us a lovely roast, the best whipped potatoes ever, veggies and home made bread. I made us a homemade strawberry pie with a homemade shortbread crust (coated in chocolate) for dessert with whipped cream. It was all soo delicious! Celebrating the harvest is awesome. Then this morning I woke up early (unfortunately Chuck has to work today and tomorrow) and I made us pancakes from scratch, with fresh bananas and strawberries, covered in real whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmm. Homemade stuff is the best.



Now Skyler and I are just relaxing, eating some cheese bun for lunch and listening to music. Who could ask for more?

3 comments:

BLOOM - Parenting Kids With Disabilities said...

That's awesome about the photoshoot. I hope you're able to post some of the pics.

Glad you're having such a wonderful day!

Stacie said...

Mmmm yum, that sounds like an amazing meal that you and Chuck made.

That's very cool about Sky's photo shoot. You should post some of the pictures (if you can/get them).

I hope you're having a good weekend.

jennohara said...

So cool! That's great he was so good for the photoshoot! That pie looks awesome!!