Wednesday, October 6, 2010

He Did It!!!

It took him 22 months and 17 days, but HE DID IT! Skyler took his first five steps unassisted today!! At our baby group. He was screaming (because I wouldn't let him push someone else's stroller) while the others were talking during group so I took him into the foyer of the church where they hold the baby group.. And he was pushing a toy, he let go of the toy and was walking holding onto me. Then I let go of him, and he was stunned for a minute. He took two steps forwards, then two steps back, almost lost his footing, but righted himself (Looked panicked too of course) and then took one more half step and lowered himself down.

Mommy then proceeded to cry, and call daddy at work and grama and text everyone and put it up on facebook. And cry some more.

9 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

That's WONDERFUL!

Stacie said...

YAAAAAAAY Skyler!!!!

jennohara said...

YAAAY!!!! Go Skyler!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!

BLOOM - Parenting Kids With Disabilities said...

Hurrayyyyy!!!!!

That is so exciting and wonderful. Enjoy!

Ashley's Mom said...

Yea Skyler!!!! My Ashley was 4 years old when she took her first steps, and you saw my picture of 15-year old Ronnie taking his this week!

We need to have a big party!!

LuckyOnce said...

YAY!! That is so freaking exciting!! Go Skyler!

Karen said...

I knew he could do it! Woot!

Ya Chun said...

Good job Sky!

Trish said...

YAYYYYYYYYYy!