Monday, October 25, 2010

Short Break

So C and I had a good few days off together. He went last week on Monday to the doctor because his foot has been hurting really bad and we couldn't figure out why. The doctors couldn't either. They took an x ray and saw nothing, so they said come back in a week. Today we went back and they did another x ray. Turns out he has a hairline or stress fracture that they couldn't see last time. They said it's harder to see when they first happen and it becomes more visible within a week or two. So now he has to wear this big foot/leg brace boot thing for 3 weeks.

Over the weekend C and I spent time together without our computers for a change. Normally we are glued to them, it's pretty sad. We turned them off though for 4 or 5 days straight. Last night we did some sewing together. C put the zipper on Sky's cow costume for me. And he fixed my sewing machine. I had no clue what was wrong with it, my thread just kept snapping. He managed to figure it out, and take it apart and oil it. And I made myself a pattern for a sweater to cover my growing belly since none of my jackets zip up over it anymore. I made it out of pyjama fleece and it ended up looking more like a robe, but a very cute snuggly one so I'm not too disappointed. It feels nice and soft and warm, and I did a pretty good job if I say so myself. I'll probably still wear it out and about when it's winter because I'm not going to let my belly freeze.

C got me a deluxe membership to fabricland too, so everything I buy there is a lot cheaper, I've already saved a ton of money both with making my own clothes and buying the fabric with a discount. I'm planning on making a bunch of things for Christmas presents this year too. Speaking of presents it's November next week, I can hardly believe it. We went to Zellers (department store kind of like Wal-Mart but Canadian) and I found a ton of kids books for $3 each. These are books that are normally $8 or $9 a piece, so I grabbed about 8 of them and we wrapped them up for Skyler's birthday, which is almost here.

Last week we had OT (Skyler is doing fantastic, everything except walking is right up to par). This week we have the CNIB halloween party, next week the ultrasound, and the week after we have an OB appointment to find out the results of the fetal assesment. We're busy busy busy. I might take some more time away from the computer, it seemed like I got more done with this thing off for a while. And Skyler just turned on the tv, it's uncanny how he knows when Handy Manny is on.. He doesn't watch anything else, and he always seems to turn it on when Handy Manny is about to start.

No comments: