Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Walking Around

It's November 2nd, Skyler turns two in 17 days. Today my son stood up in the middle of the room without holding onto anything, and took 5 steps toward his bag of halloween candy. A few minutes later he attempted to get up again from his weird and hilarious crawling position (hands and feet) without holding onto anything, he stood took two steps and started to lose his balance so he sat back down. He did this two more times. Then as I was on the phone with my mom telling her how exciting it was that he'd finally got up on his own and decided to walk, he let go of the coffee table and toddled across the room to his exercise ball. I wish I had recorded it.

Perhaps he's finally figured out that he can walk. Just in time for his second birthday. What a gift to us, and himself.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

That is so exciting that Skyler is walking around now. I guess once he made up his mind, then that was that!

I cannot believe he's going to be 2 in 17 more days.

jennohara said...

Yay!!!! Go Skyler!! That's exactly how Hanna started out. Standing up in the middle of the floor. I'm so excited for you guys!! Get ready for the chasing phase. :D

LuckyOnce said...

I'm so excited for you all! (Watch out though. He'll probably be running before you know it!) :)