Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Low Risk? Maybe Eventually

I had another OB appointment today, soon they will be every week. My blood work came back perfect, glucose and iron are right where they should be apparently. And my OB gave me the good news that if I can make it to 37 weeks I'll no longer be considered high risk and I can give birth in "a fancy birthing suite" as she put it. So that's my new goal with this baby, I know he'll decide when to come, but at the same time I'm hoping I can encourage him to stay in there until 37 weeks! I want a nice birth not in a sterile OR this time. I got a number to call for a tour of the maternity hospital since I didn't manage to go for one last time. And I had to reschedule my next appointment because Skyler has his first meeting with the new SLP (speech language pathologist) and C is going to be in court testifying. He witnessed some guy who stole a truck and got involved in a high speed chase with the cops.

After my appointment we went to the mall to see if we could upgrade my phone since I've had it since I was pregnant with Skyler and it's a hunk of junk. C got a blackberry for christmas, so I guess I have been a bit jealous. Unfortunately they said that I can't get out of my contract so no blackberry for me. After that we stopped by the play place in the mall. Skyler loved it. He hasn't been there since he was too small to enjoy it. Tonight I plan on going through all of Skyler's stuff and the baby's stuff and get it all sorted out. I want to put some in a donation pile, and organize the rest so he doesn't have to much clutter. I'm also going to put the bedding in the crib and the baby's clothes in his brand new drawers.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

So glad that all is going well so far!!! How many weeks along are you now?

Azaera said...

30 weeks. Or 31 according to my conception date, and the ultrasound.

jennohara said...

Seven more weeks to go...you can do it! :)
It's always so exciting gettng the baby's things all sorted out and organized!