Monday, December 13, 2010

Update

The OB today said I shouldn't worry too much that it's not uncommon for women to experience a strange feeling like their baby is having seizures. She thinks the baby is doing some sort of weird exercise thing. I still think it feels suspicious, but there's not much we can do if the baby is having seizures, not until it's born anyway so it's probably best to stay calm until then. Also I need to decide if it's safe for me to continue working. The little one I work one on one with is occassionally violent and in fact a few weeks ago she kicked my coworker hard in the stomach. My doctor suggested I could wear some sort of padding around my stomach, but I have no idea where I would find such a thing.. Either that or not work with the girl. The thing is I don't have a job otherwise. So now it's time to think about what I'm going to do.. If I decide to risk it and work for January because we need the extra money or stop and make do with what we'll have.

I scheduled my next appointments, all of them up until the day of my due date. She wants to see me every two weeks now for a month and then every week up until the baby is born because of everything, to keep an eye on things. I really do love my OB she is great. They scheduled me an appointment on my birthday and my OB is away that week, so I'm seeing another doctor in her practice. I turned to Chuck in the car and said "Just watch the baby will decide to be born the week that my OB is away". I was sent for blood work today too. It was in the basement of the building and fortunately didn't take too long. The lab tech was super nice too, I felt like a jerk asking if she could change her gloves, but she said she didn't mind and that she's a germophobe so she asks people the same thing. That made me feel better. I just don't like the thought that maybe she forgot to change them or something. Last thing I need is an infection or something.

So yesterday morning when Skyler decided that he didn't need to sleep I taught him to consistently sign "more". He hasn't been signing much in the past year, but we've picked it back up. So he was sitting on the couch with me and I found the secret to getting him to sign was to simply give him an M&M whenever he signed for more. Except now he thinks that every time he's on the couch and he signs "more" he'll get an M&M. Probably not the healthiest thing to give him but whatever, it made him happy and he started signing again. It's not like I give him candy often.

Today though the poor kid has been sick. His nose hasn't stopped running and he's been a bit warm (not a fever, but not normal temperature either) and I've started coughing and am getting a sore throat too. He started puking this evening before bed too, fun times. I managed to step in about 4 puddles of puke, caught one in my hands, and wiped another off the couch. Thankfully after his last dose of stress pred he put himself to bed and hasn't puked since then (not yet anyway, fingers crossed). And I have to go back to work tomorrow. Honestly I'm not looking forward to waking up early. I haven't had nearly enough sleep in the last 6 days and now I'm coming down with something too. Ick.

I'm going to try to keep my mind off the weird movements that baby was doing, though today he's hardly moved at all which also has me worried (of course). Hopefully I am just paranoid.

1 comment:

jennohara said...

I'm glad your OB made you feel a bit better. I hope you all get rid of those colds!