Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Haha okay so technically it is past midnight now on the 27th, so my birthday is over. But it was a great day. Skyler said happy birthday to me last night at midnight (sounded like ha-ee duday) and that was amazing. He stayed up and partied with us, we sat on the floor and ate junk food (tortilla chips and popcorn) and drank juice mixed with spri.te in wine glasses. That was fabulous. Then when we woke up in the morning on the 26th we made chocolate chip pancakes, and the moving company delivered our new dishwasher and C did all the dishes and made our kitchen spotless.

Then he picked up some icecream and we made chocolate milkshakes, and after that we were off to his mom's restaurant for lunch. We had chicken wraps and coleslaw, and then cake. And his mom shared her birthday cake and sent us home with four pieces (yes I share a birthday with my MIL) and after that we headed off to my mom's house for dinner. We had two different kinds of pizza followed by cheesecake. So I've been eating like a piggy all day, which I haven't done in a long time. I've been trying to stick to whole wheat bagels and fruits and veggies lately, but hey it was my birthday if you can't indulge on your birthday then when can you?

Skyler has been great lately (aside from his not sleeping as well as usual. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night wanting to play) he is talking up a storm! Not everything is understandable, but he repeats so much more now than ever before. He sings along with his preschool music CD, and he sings with me, and on his own. He apparently likes Buf.fy the Vampire Slayer. I tried to put it on after he had gone to bed, but he wandered out of his room and pulled up a stool in front of the tv to sit and watch with me. And I'm pretty sure he tried to repeat a "bloody hell" from Spike. Oops. Ah well we all go through the British Vamp phase at some point right? Better Spike than Edwar.d. Haha.

Oh and last night we had Skyler in our bed, snuggling and he was saying one of his new favourite words "okay" so daddy says he sounds like Ms Swan from SNL. And so C does his impression of Ms Swan "okay okay, I tell you 18." or whatever it is she says, and Skyler perfectly repeated it. I cracked up. He's just starting to say sentences and a lot of what he says is garbled, but this was pretty clear and funny.

I've noticed he wants to snuggle more, my child has always been very much on the go and never still for a moment. If I lay down with him in my bed or his bed, he's all over the place, climbing me, kicking, jumping on the bed, poking me in the eye and saying "eye" etc. He's always hated blankets and would kick them off if they dared to touch him. He's never liked a stuffed animal or toy to bring to bed. But lately he will lie down with me for a few moments before getting up to bounce on my baby belly or check out my hair. And since C made him a chenille blanket like mine, he curls up with it on his own at night and snuggles under it. And when I went in the other morning to wake him, he was snuggled under his blankie, with his baby doll next to him. He's been carrying his baby around lately (by the head mind you) and kissing him and feeding him with a bottle. It's just precious.

Anyway it was a lovely day. There was lots of family, tons of food, and lots of hugs and kisses from my little one. And even though I didn't get in my usual 20 minute bike ride, I'm okay with that, it was a very special day.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

I laughed out loud at the Miss Swan impression. She says, "I tell you every-ting."

Azaera said...

Lol well when C says it it sounds like 18 to me haha.

LuckyOnce said...

Happy belated birthday!

ShellieD2355 said...

Happy belated birthday from me, too. I'm sorry I didn't see your comment on my blog until today -- been very busy at my job. I found out I was allergic to the lanolin in the Fisherman's Wool. However, I made a wonderful scarf with Wool Ease and had no problem (20% wool, 80% acrylic).

jennohara said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had a great day with your family.
Glad to hear that Skyler is talking so much too!