Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It Can Only Get Better Right?

It's been a while since I posted last. I haven't even opened my laptop in several days. I'm feeling pretty good about that. I've been working on a stress and relaxation workbook which boy have I needed it the last few days. Skyler came down with something Sunday night and has been puking and had the dreaded "d" word and a fever to go along with it. He woke up and was hungry this morning and we gave him a cereal bar. He hasn't been able to hold down a thing in the last two days. He gobbled it up so fast, poor little thing, too bad it came right back up onto C's pillow. We've washed 5 loads of laundry in the last 2 days, and Skyler's had 5 or 6 baths. We've been giving him pedialyte since the puking started. Along with all his meds and tylenol which has been keeping the fever down.

It hasn't been easy, and you know me I'm always worrying about my little one. He's napping right now and I hope he's going to feel better by tomorrow, because I'm starting to feel sick now, and C took the last two days off work to help me with Skyler so he's back at work tonight, we can't afford for him to take more time off and I'm not sure how well I will cope if both Sky and I are sick at the same time and C is at work. One of our friends said she'd check in on me tonight and see how I'm doing once she finishes work, so I do have some support. I was going to call my mom too, but now that he is sleeping for a bit I am going to relax, maybe do some more of those meditation techniques I've been learning.

I hope you guys are having a better week than I am!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh no, that's awful. I know how difficult it is dealing with a sick child, especially the vomiting and diarrhea kind :( Poor little guy. I hope he starts to feel better really soon.

And, I hope you don't end up with what he has.

Hang in there.

Ya Chun said...

ugh, both ends! Poor Sky and poor you!

I hope you don't get sick!