Thursday, February 17, 2011

Schedule Interruptus

So Tuesday I went into labour, or what I figured must have been false labour as I had regular contractions for a few hours, called C home from work and when he got home the contractions slowed and all but stopped. We went to sleep, luckily my OB appt was Wed morning. Again I got in to see her early, she checked me and said I was 4cm dilated and would likely be giving birth later that day and as luck would have it she was working 7pm to 7am. She then sent me home to relax and wait it out.

The contractions were about 2 minutes apart by 5pm, so we headed in to the hospital. In the car they were right on top of each other with no pause in between. The nurse checked me when we arrived and said there was pretty much no change. I was still about 4cm. My doctor was due to start in a couple hours so the nurse told me to walk around and come back to triage in a bit. She also said that the charge nurse in low risk labour & delivery didn't want me. She said that 37 week old babies have a hard time latching or some b*llsh*t. Truth is I overheard them talking and they were saying there were no beds available in low risk L&D so I'm sure she was just using that as an excuse.

So we went to the cafeteria in the general hospital and had a bite to eat. We got back when my doctor started. She checked me again and said I'd opened up only about a cm more. Doctors orders were go home, relax, have sex and come back when they start to get intense or my water breaks. She figured we'd be back before her shift ended. Well it's 7:13 now and here I sit. I think this baby is building himself a permanent fortress in my womb. I am so not going back to the hospital until he's tunneling out of me because I don't want to be stuck there any longer than I have to. Being there for 3 hours sucked bad enough.

Wish me luck.

9 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Good luck!!

Stacie said...

Lots and lots of good luck to you!

Ya Chun said...

well? I guess you've headed to the hospital since you haven't posted! Good luck!

jennohara said...

YAY!! Good luck! Don't blame ya for wanting to come home though!

Azaera said...

Nope, still home.. I think the baby has baracaded himself in there and boarded up the exit. I'm still contracting but I don't think much is happening. Oh well, I'd rather be at home relaxing than bored in the hospital.

Becky said...

Good luck! I'm thinking about you and for your sake, I hope the baby comes soon. But not to soon, you know...when he's done baking and all!

Stacie said...

How exciting! Good luck. I'll be sending good vibes your way!

BLOOM - Parenting Kids With Disabilities said...

Thinking of you and look forward to your news!

Elle said...

I wish you nothing but the best!!!