Saturday, April 2, 2011

Knock on Wood

So it's been almost two weeks now, we have to make an appointment with Skyler's NP next week but I don't think we'll have enough time the way our schedule is right now. Anyway he's been taking the antacids for almost two weeks and so far so good! No puking, and his appetite seems to be returning. Today for dinner he ate an entire chicken breast and a potato and a little bit of corn. C said he choked a bit after though, but no puke. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but I would be so happy if the antacids fix his puking issue. I was at my SIL's bachelorette party tonight. It was a lot of fun to get out of the apartment away from the babies for a while and laugh with the girls.

The little one is good, he's super chubby. He has a double chin hehe. And Skyler is so amazing, talking and learning and playing. He understands so much, and he seems to see so much more than I ever thought he would. Now that he is talking more he points out things that I didn't realize were in his visual range. We were watching tv the other day and he was sitting on the couch with us. Chuck paused the tv and went into the kitchen and Skyler was pointing at the screen saying "lamp. lamp." I didn't realize it at first because he loves lamps I thought he was talking about the one on the table next to the couch, then I looked up and saw he was pointing at the one on the tv screen. He has opthalmology this coming Friday so I'm sure we'll see if his opthalmologist can get a better idea of his usable vision.

Speaking of which this week coming up is insane. Monday Skyler starts preschool in the morning, then endocrinology in the afternoon. Tuesday he has swimming class, Wednesday is preschool again, then after preschool I have a dental appt. Thursday I think we have off, Friday morning is opthalmology, followed by my appointment with the OB, and I'm supposed to have a stroller fitness class in between but I think I am going to have to miss it. Then later that evening we have a rehearsal for my SIL's wedding. Saturday is the actual wedding. Phew. I'm feeling tired just thinking of it. The next week isn't looking much better either. I'm sure we'll get used to being super busy.

Oh and on Thursday my little Skyler guy got his first real hair cut at a hair salon for kids. I think it looks pretty cute. I took pictures with my new ipod, but I haven't uploaded them to my computer yet. I posted one of them on facebook though.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

You are one busy mama! I am so happy to hear that the antacids are working so far for Skyler. Hopefully that will do the trick.

jennohara said...

Glad to hear Skyler has been puke-free. :) Things sound crazy around there...I hope they slow down a little bit.