Sunday, January 4, 2009

No Shortage of Babies

Tomorrow C starts taking care of a 1 year old boy, and I'm back at work with my 2 year old girl. Tomorrow is also my 6 week post partum appointment. I honestly have no idea what to expect. Today we didnt get to the hospital until around 8pm. Because the car door locks had frozen completely shut and it took us all day to figure out how to get into the car. Lock de-icer and alcohol were not working. Nor was using fire to heat up the key. We eventually had to use a syringe to pour in boiling water, followed by alcohol to help it keep from re-freezing. It sucked.

Baby is getting better at pacing himself while bottling the nurse says. Which is awesome. Oh and we gave him a bath for the first time. I'll add pics in a min.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Aww, you both take care of children? The two of you must be pros!

At my 6-week post partum visit, they took my weight, asked me if I was still taking any pain meds, and then checked my C-section incision. That was pretty much it. It should be a fairly quick appointment for you.

How awesome you that got to give Sky a bath!!! They're so slippery when they're that little.

Did he like it?

Azaera said...

Yeah he was actually pretty well behaved, even though the nurse said he'd be crying he wasn't.

LuckyOnce said...

BOO! to the frozen car locks. YAY! to the first bath. :) For my 6 week appointment they took my weight, did an internal to check that the uterus and cervix were back to normal and talked to me to make sure that I was doing okay mentally. (I had a shade of PPD, I think.) They also kind of "pass you back" to your primary care physician at that point. It wasn't really very exciting!

Stacie said...

It's been longer than a minute. Where are the pics of the handsome little fellow?!