Sunday, June 28, 2009

More School!

I'm sitting here listening to the Galaxy Classical Music channel on tv and it tells you what the song name is and the artist. And I'm reading them thinking to myself "Antonin Dvorak! I know that guy from Little Einst.eins!" Wow. I'm not sure who's learning more from watching the baby shows on tv me or the kids. Beautiful music though, I've always had an appreciation for classical music and Skyler loves it. He fell asleep in his swing listening to it so if it soothes my baby to sleep it's fine by me. I love the Galaxy Music Channels. My favourite are the Nature channel and the New Age/Instrumental Channel. I'm guessing if you're in the states you probably have no clue what I'm talking about since they're broadcasted by the CBC. (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

So it's rainy and extremely windy today. When I woke up this morning there was sunshine so I figured the storm from the last couple days had blown over and maybe we could go to the zoo or take a walk with the stroller, but alas mother nature was just teasing me. However I love the rain so I can't complain too much. Nature absolutely fascinates me. I have the utmost respect for it. I can't wait until Skyler is a bit older and able to explore the world outdoors and have fun learning everything there is to learn about it.


Speaking of my tiny little one growing up so darn fast, he's decided he wants to walk now! His balance is still quite shaky so he holds onto my hands and he tends to wobble quite a bit but he takes step after step after step without falling down and it just amazes me. Adjusted his age is only 5 months. I'm pretty sure most babies don't walk at 5 months even with help. Also he stands on his own. He has a toy car that helps babies learn to walk, he grabs onto the steering wheel and just stands there while I sit behind him and make sure he doesn't fall. It's crazy. Oh and he loves his exersaucer now! He's finally tall enough to stand in it all by himself without a pillow underneath him. He stands there and plays with his toys contentedly. Sometimes I put on Little Einst.eins and he just goes crazy, playing with his toys and jumping excitedly.


Here's a picture of him in his swing right now taking a nice little nap. Don't mind the blur, the swing was obviously moving when I took the shot.



Oh and now I remember the real reason I wanted to post! I applied for classes at Hadley School for the Blind! I'm so excited. The courses are free if you're blind or a family member of someone who is blind. I applied for the "Learning Through Play" course which is the same as I'm taking in school right now except it's focused on blind babies!! You have no idea how excited I am. It's an 8 month course, with assignments that need to mailed in and marked by a professor and you get a final grade when it's all done and if you pass you get your certificate. I had been asking around and wasn't able to find anything to do with my ECE and blind babies until now. I'm finally going to learn the best way to stimulate his play and help him explore his world. I'm just waiting to hear back if my application has been approved. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow, that is fantastic. Congratulations! You are such an inspiration and a wonderful advocate for your son, who by the way, is super duper cute!

Over here in California, Mother Nature is being a HUGE biotch. This heat is utterly ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it cannot get any hotter than this.

That's unbelievable that Sky is trying out his legs already. You're going to hand your hands full soon!

Buttercup said...

Love the picture of Sky. He is so cute. The class sounds great. Look forward to hearing all about it.

LuckyOnce said...

The class sounds great. I'm pretty sure Skyler is way ahead in the walking thing, too! D rolled over for the first time at about 5 months. He didn't walk assisted until much later. (He actually walked all by himself two weeks after his first birthday.)