Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yay For New Laptop!

Yay for the new laptop! And for getting $75 off and a free Rogers mobile stick which I will never use. And yay for best friends who pay for half of it!

I haven't slept in two days. The first one Skyler kept me awake all night, the second was a trip to the ER for an asthma attack, poor smoulder. They didn't want to figure out what was wrong with her, she was stuck there until 6am. I went home at 4 and attempted to get some sleep but of course Skyler didn't want to sleep. I'm slightly headachey right now. I managed a two hour nap when I got from work, but it just isn't cutting it.

Yesterday my dad opened the pool finally and we went swimming and it was fantastic! I can't wait to go again tomorrow. I'm sure I have lots more to write but can't think right now. Brain is shut off. Oh the family drama plot thickens. I'm not sure I want to talk to either my mom or my brother anymore.. It's starting to look like it might be a good idea to cut them out of my life.

Bedtime routine with Skyler is working so wonderfully! We take our bath together, feed him, and then put him in the crib and he is out like a light. His teeth are coming in though, and occasionally he will wake up and fuss while madly chewing his fingers. Tonight he actually figured out how to splash the water!! It was adorable, he loved doing it and managed to get himself good in the face a bunch of times with the water.

I found a copy of the book Angels & Demons by Dan Brown at work, and started reading it while N was asleep. It's the one the movie is based on, and I must say I'm actually getting quite into it. I also timed my reading just out of curiosity. I read 414 pages in less than 3 hours. I took a reading speed test once when I was in highschool I think I read 400 words per minute back then. Not sure what I'm at now though.

Anyway you all need a new pic of my Skyler guy cause he's getting so big, I'll come back and add one as soon as I upload some onto my new lappy. Oh and I got my medic alert bracelets!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Congratulations on the new laptop! You have yourself some amazing friends to help like that.

I'm envious of the pool that your dad has. How very cool.

Get some rest soon :)

LuckyOnce said...

Sounds like a great couple of days! I'm jealous of your Dad's pool! I'm so glad that you were able to get it open.