Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I've been so busy the last few days I haven't had time to sit down let alone write a blog post. Skyler has been less than his happy self lately. He's not wanting to sleep at all, and is consequently cranky most of the time. I want my happy go lucky boy back. Tonight he gave his daddy and me lots of smiles though so I'm feeling renewed. I think he is coming down with something and that's probably why he's acting different, along with all the schedule changes. C has been off work for a few days now, he's decided to stay home with Skyler for a bit and look for a new job. It's not ideal, but he can't work with his sisters anymore. I can't say I blame him.

The last two work days (Friday and Monday) were inservice days at my school and were insane!! We took the kids to a big park on Friday and it was 3 staff and 30 kids so we split them into 3 groups of 10 and we each took one group. I must say they listened pretty well for kids. I was impressed with them. I had all ages, from 6 to 9 in my group and they paid attention pretty well, and only goofed off a little bit. The day was long and full of activity though so it ended with me feeling quite tired, but tired in a satisfied way not stressed out so it was good.

Today (Monday) was less of a satisfying tired and more of an "omg I feel like a walking zombie" kind of tiring day. We were cooped up in the school all day with 32 kids, but our usual room is used by other people during the day so we spent the whole day in the art room which is about half the size of our usual room, and the kids were bored because there wasn't much to do in there. We were overall rather unorganized and understaffed as our supervisor has a severe sinus infection and was in the ER last night. So she stopped in this morning and dropped off some foam to do crafts with and then ducked out as quickly as she'd arrived. The kids had meetings all day and we had to take them to the meetings in groups. And when one staff member was taking them to their meetings the other watched the rest of the kids, and since we were short staffed that meant I ended up with a lot of kids all by myself for most of the day.

Tomorrow our usual kindergarten teacher isn't in, and I offered to take over for her for the day.. I'm not sure if I know what I've gotten myself into. Heh. I already have some idea of what I plan to do for the day. I've dug out a poem about Fall, and collected some leaves that have fallen from the trees, I'm hoping for craft I can get them to trace their arm and hand on some brown construction paper, and make a puffy tree top looking piece out of some red/orange/yellow paper and make a tree using the hand as trunk & branches, and then glue on some of the leaves from outside. Or if they don't want to do that they can just get some white paper and a crayon and do some rubbings of the leaves. Wish me luck.

After work on Friday we went and got Skyler's prescription filled by optician friend, (it's gonna take two weeks or so to get it back from Toronto though) and then headed to her parent's farm so Chuck could do some work on the car or something. Anyway, her parents have a lot of animals, and me being a city girl am very easily excited. So I leave you with a picture of me and Skyler with a real live llama, and a picture of a random goat, and Skyler eating a cookie in the car while we hide from the mosquitos.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I imagine you're exhausted after being around so many kids all day. Just one can be a lot of work. It sounds like you're really enjoying it though and doing an excellent job.

Good luck with the kindergarten class!

I love the pictures of you and Sky. He seems to be enjoying that cookie :)

Krystal said...

So completely adorable!!!!!