Sunday, May 17, 2009

Destructinator

Yeah, just call me Destructinator. I think if I could have read my horrorscope for the long weekend (an accurate one) it would have said something like "Stay the hell away from anything that could possibly be broken, especially expensive things like your bestfriend's laptop." I'm not sure I can count the amount of crap I've managed to accidentally destroy this weekend, but on top of soaking a laptop in absinthe (at least I wasn't drinking it, like that's any consolation) I've managed to snap my crochet hook in two and give myself the most nasty black/blue bruise on my leg ever. I'm not even sure how I did that last one.

And C's sister in the hospital. I'm pissed about it. She invited us to meet her for lunch last week, and played with Skyler and then after she hands him back to us, she says "I'm going to the doctor now, because I've had a fever for 3 days." Uh.. We had told his family the rules, if you're sick, stay away from our baby, he's small and premature and susceptible to stuff. So she went to the doctor and apparently has mono, and they want us to get Skyler tested for it. And today C had to take her to the hospital because her throat is all closed up and she can't eat or drink anything. Lovely. I'm very sorry she's sick, really I am, I'm worried about her too. BUT hello could you not have respected our wishes and maybe told us you were sick before you started playing with our baby?? His family makes me want to rip out all my hair and eat it. UGH. If my baby is sick... I'm going to be one angry mama bear.

So yes in short, I'm clumsy, accident prone, bad luck follows me everywhere, and the weather this weekend blows. Snowed yesterday, +20 today.

ETA: C brought the laptop back from the dead yay!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Ooooooh, I'd be super pissed about what your C's sister did too. That's pretty messed up. I hope he's has not contracted it.

Karen said...

I hate it when people do that to me. That's so inconsiderate. I wouldn't even do that if your son was 5 or 6 years old, much less 5 or 6 months.

Stacie said...

I just re-read the comment I left. I swear I was not drunk, lol.

I meant *C's sister* not, "your" C's sister.

And, I didn't mean to type "he's". Should have been just 'he'.

K, I'm done.

Ya Chun said...

I'm sorry, but how dumb do you have to be to go see a baby (preemie or not) when you are sick? Esp with H1N1 in the news so much???

Wow.