Saturday, May 9, 2009

Light Up The Fireplace

So it's what the 9th of May today, and my dear friends it is snowing. Oh how I love Manitoba. Anyone want to trade locations? Anyone? No? Ah well..

Skyler seems to think he can crawl, and stand up by himself. I had him sitting on my lap this morning and all of a sudden he stands up and launches himself over onto my other leg and my arm and starts climbing me. I sit him back down on my leg and he stands up again and just stands there leaning on me for a while.

I'm ovulating. I can tell because I woke up the other day wanting to crochet like immediately. And I started crying twice in the same day over silly things. And chocolate tasted way too sweet. It's odd how I can tell these things. It was either the very last day in April or very early in May last year that I got pregnant with Skyler. So it's been a year since he was conceived. It was Mother's Day last year when I got my first positive pregnancy test with him. So it's kind of a special day to me in another way.

I started making a blanket for Skyler yesterday and then realized I have never actually made myself a blanket. Out of the numerous ones I've made they've all been for babies my own or others. So now I'm tempted to go back to Wal-Mart and pick up a ball of something pretty possibly a girly colour (because every other crocheted blanket in this place is blue, white, green or some combination of these colours.) and make myself something for a change. I know it's May, but with this weather, yes I am thinking about making nice warm blankets. /Sigh.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Snow?! Seriously?! That sucks.

Happy Mother's Day. I hope that tomorrow brings as much joy as it did last year.

I'm so happy to hear that Skyler is doing so well. I can't believe how big he is!!

Karen said...

Holy cow! It's snowing? Wow. I'd be making a blanket, too. I learned to crochet last year and I take so long that it would take me until next winter to finish one I started now. You'll have to post a picture of it when it's done.

Stacie said...

Wow! Can't believe it's snowing where you live. It was pretty hot here today. Had to run the A/C just about all day.

That's sweet that you found out you were pregnant on Mother's Day last year. Makes the day that much more special.

Skyler's moving right along. Just wait, he'll be crawling in no time!

I hope you have yourself a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. You deserve it!