Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Four for Four

So Skyler is 4 for 4 with the potty. Meaning 4 tries, 4 successes. We missed yesterday because I was sick and daddy took care of him for the whole day and I guess daddy isn't down with the potty routine yet or something. But he was back on the potty today after lunch and dinner and he did his business both times without a problem. I haven't changed a poopy diaper in 3 or 4 days, so I'm pretty happy right now.

Still waiting for our table to come in, and still waiting for the other company to come pick up this table that we can't assemble. Sigh. So I have a pile of junk sitting on the floor in my dining room instead of a table. I want to pack up his high chair already and stick his new booster seat at the table. The idea is for us to start eating lunches together as a family, and on the weekends we can have our breakfasts and dinners together too. I mean we would eat together before, but Skyler was always in the high chair and not at the table with us. I can't wait to go grocery shopping and to make some meals to eat at the new table when we finally get it.

I've been feeling weird lately. I know Skyler and I have a cold coming on, but last night I started to get chest/stomach pain. It happened right after I had about a tablespoon of real milk (oops..) obviously this was a bad idea since I'm lactose intolerant. I'm thinking it's some sort of gas pains or something, but it really hurts, I couldn't fall asleep until 3am and even then it was still there when I woke up. It seems to have subsided a bit now, but it still happens every now and then. I'm also apparently really dehydrated, at least I feel that way. Skyler and I both passed out at 3pm today and I didn't wake up until 7!! I thought he was going to wake me up, but I guess we were both so tired. When I woke up it felt like I had been eating cotton balls in my sleep. Yuck.

I'm going to try and drink as much water as I can (without killing myself hopefully) and get some rest. I've been cleaning but the place is so cluttered right now that I can't stand it, and there's not much I can do about it because those people have to come get that box of junk, and my dad has to come pick up the old couch that's taking up my living space but he hasn't returned my call yet. I'm just going to try to ignore the problem for now, maybe do some meditation or some arts and crafts. At school we're making placemats so when we set the table for lunch all the kids and staff have their own placemat. We just need more mactac. I told my partner (the girl I work with) not to mactac mine yet because I want to bring some pictures of Skyler to put on it.

So I placed a request for a bunch of resource books through my local library. Books about teaching children with special needs, that kind of thing. Some of my kids need the extra help and I want to know the best strategies to help them. Also I'm hoping there might be something about teaching blind/visually impaired children as well. Anything that may help me with Skyler is always worth checking out. I'm just waiting for them to call me to let me know the books have come in to the library closest to me. Hopefully they will get them soon. I also discovered my library has online services! I checked out a few ebooks yesterday, some audio and some pdf. Very cool service. Basically you check out the book and then download it and you get 14 days (just like a paper book) to read it or listen to it on your computer. Some of them let you print the whole book, some don't. Some let you put the audio file on your ip.od or whatever. And after 14 days the book is automatically returned for you so there are no late fees. I thought this was pretty neat.

Ever have those moments when you know there are a million things you need to do and yet you just don't feel like doing any of them and so you sit there looking around kind of bored or you go on fa.cebo.ok and do literally nothing? That's how I feel right now. I'm actually tempted to either plug in my external and sort through some old pictures or burn myself a dvd of some old Bu.ffy episodes and sit and watch that. I just can't decide. I already did most of the dishes, and a load of laundry so it's not like I've accomplished nothing today. Plus I worked all morning and took care of Skyler all afternoon. I suppose I should feel pretty good about sitting here relaxing.

I hope you all are well, I'll post some pics of Skyler soon, he just had his NP appt yesterday and he's almost 18 pounds now and he's doing great!

4 comments:

jennohara said...

Go Skyler!! How awesome is it to have them poop on the toilet!
I hope you feel better soon :)

Karen said...

I am so jealous! My little guy has zero interest in pooping on the potty. He'll pee in the toilet or outside in the grass, but that's it.

LuckyOnce said...

Congrats on the potty training! I honestly haven't made an attempt yet, but D has no interest either, and he'll be 3 in July! Skyler is obviously a potty training prodigy!

Lopez Family said...

Hey sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Thats great about skyler, Kylah didn't potty train till she was three. I think her problems had tot do with the left hemiparesis, it was ust so har for her to even get on the toilet. Then we had all the issues of pullling up and down undies and pants with 1 hand. Her laft hand helps out now, but she still can not button or snap. All her pants have to be elastic waist. thank heavens they make cute elastic waist pants now, they don't look like grandma pants! Yeah for him!
Yeah i am trying to get mroe involved. She is noticing her differences now. We have never talked to her about what she has. We have just wanted her to feel like she was the same as other kids. I am glad we waited cuz she was just too immature emotionally and mentally to process it all. Now we are going to start talking about things more with her. I am waiting till the summer though. I don't want all this thrown at her and her to feel bad and go around feeling sorry for herself at school and using the vision and hemiparesis as a crutch at school. I am glad we gave her that foundation of yeah you can learn to read and write and all that other stuff. She does have a lot of difficutly with everything but she can do it and just has to keep practicing- that's what i have to pretty much mae her know. Anyways,
yeah for you for not being or letting skylers issues be a crutch for him! That has taken me a long time to learn and i am always reminding my mom that yes, kylah can do that! and to not baby her. Have a great one!