Friday, May 23, 2008

Complain and You Shall Receive?

Blah so now I feel like I am about to puke, hardcore naseaous. Might be because I forgot to take my vitamin this morning and instead took it an hour ago, or because I also didn't eat anything this morning. Who knows all I know is the whole sensitive smelling thing seems to have kicked in, I could barely touch the food C made me for lunch and I feel like I'm about to hurl. I also have a major splitting headache. I seem to be getting those often since I got pregnant. Not the really bad ones, but minor headaches here and there. I'm also so tired I might fall asleep on my laptop trying to type this.

As you guys mentioned in the comments C kind of screwed us over. Well he didn't really mean to, he asked me if it would be alright if he told his parents. I said okay because he's really excited and I didn't think his parents would be that insensitive, I know that they have had miscarriages in their family before, and I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Well I guess they thought to themselves what's the harm in telling the girls (C's sisters) who are 15, 17 and 20.. and girls.. which = gossip combined with excitement about being aunts.. = the whole town knows. So really, it wasn't that he blabbed all over town. In fact when he found out that everyone knew he was really upset, and apologized to me over and over, so before you get out the pitchforks and bales of burning hay I thought I should let you know he wasn't trying to start this rumor mill.

I thought about it and I'm actually okay with it for two reasons. 1.) I'm not actually from that town, so I know practically no one there, and they live well obviously live in that town outside of the city I live in, and therefore I will likely never talk to them and they probably have no idea what I look like even. 2.) Again even if I lose the baby, I don't know any of those people so it's not like I have to explain it to them, and we don't spend much time out there except to visit C's family. So it's likely that it doesn't matter at all. I've come to accept that it's just kind of funny that there is a whole town gossiping about me and I have no clue who any of these people are. And on the plus side if the baby actually makes it, at least I can tell the kid someday that he/she/it must be pretty popular since a whole town was talking about them before their birth.

Eeeew right now I just feel like I've been spinning around all morning, and I'm about to lose my cookies. When I was a kid spinning around for any length of time was pretty much the guaranteed way to make me upchuck. I'm trying to write more but I'm busy resisting the urge to vomit. Hopefully this is just a side effect of not taking my vitamin first thing in the morning or something. I guess this means I really am pregnant, for now.. Not that the first 3 pregnancy tests I took meant nothing.. Though I don't seem to be believing my eyes at all.

On a funnier note, today I wore a dress that I got for my (hopefully) soon expanding stomach, and it has pretty easy access to my boobies. It's like the same type of shirts that my boss wears for breast feeding the baby. So today the baby comes up to me and points to my boobs and signs for milk. I laughed and said not quite yet baby, not yet. It was cute. Man if I start puking at work this afternoon what do I say? I've got a flu? Blah. I'm sure they'll be happy for me when I tell them, but I just don't want them to get all excited for me and then have to tell them that I lost it, and they are like the most caring people in the whole world so I know they will support me and worry over me and probably give me time off work to recover.. I think I'm going to tell them when I tell my parents. Maybe after I get a sonogram or whatever and hear the baby's heartbeat. It might feel a bit more real.

But i gotta go look for a bucket now cause omg I'm gonna puke

3 comments:

Amy said...

Here's to hoping for lots of puking! Bring it on, 'lil baby, bring it on! :-)

Antigone said...

Me too. I'm nauseous as all get out. I guess it's a good sign and affirming but it does suck.

Becky said...

Hope your feeling better and smiling all your way to the toilet : )