Sunday, October 4, 2009

First Steps

He did it! He took his first steps while holding my hands. He's been standing quite well (as long as he has something to hold onto for balance) for 2 months now, but he normally just stands, any effort to get him to move anywhere is met with much resistance. Until today that is. We were playing on the floor, and I did some tummy time with him (he's still trying to figure out the whole crawling thing. He sort of flails every limb randomly) and he started to get annoyed with that so I rolled him onto his back and held out my thumbs for him. He pulled himself up to sitting, then standing, and then !!! he took 3 steps towards me! I freaked out and started praising him frantically in a falsetto voice. He did it again several times, probably feeding off the positive feedback from mommy. To which I responded by picking him up and snuggling him and covering him in kisses. Then I laid him down to change his diaper, which normally is something he just lays there for, but not today. He rolled over three times during the course of his diaper change. Stationary baby no more.

So it begins..

7 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow! Way to go!

LuckyOnce said...

Yay Skyler!!

CLC said...

How exciting!

Stacie said...

How exciting! It's such a proud moment when they take their first steps :)

Karen said...

Whoo-hoo! How old is he? He doesn't look near old enough to start walking yet, but I guess he has his own plans about that.

Unknown said...

The chase is on now. Have fun!

Ashley's Mom said...

This is so exciting!!